Internal member publications
View publications by University of Edinburgh SBIA members on Edinburgh Research Explorer (ERE).
External members and fellows publications
Publications below are by external SBIA members, not found on ERE.
- Boussebaa, M. (2021) From cultural differences to cultural globalization: towards a new research agenda in cross-cultural management studies. Critical Perspectives on International Business, 17(3), pp. 381-398. DOI: 10.1108/cpoib-01-2020-0003
- Boussebaa, M. and Tienari, J. (2021) Englishisation and the politics of knowledge production in management studies. Journal of Management Inquiry, 30(1), pp. 59-67. DOI: 10.1177/1056492619835314
- Boussebaa, M. (2020) In the shadow of empire: Global Britain and the UK business school. Organization, 27(3), pp. 483-493. DOI: 10.1177/1350508419855700
- Toward fairer global reward: Lessons from international non-governmental organizations. McWha-Hermann & Jandric. (2021). International Business Review.
- Chapter: Expatriate compensation in contemporary organizations. McWha-Hermann. (2021).
- A macropsychology perspective on humanitarian work psychology. McWha-Hermann. (2021) pp.233-252.
- The precariousness of protection: Civilian defense groups countering Boko Haram in Northeastern Nigeria. (2021). African Studies Review, 64 (1), 192-216.
- Ten years of Boko Haram: how transportation drives Africa's deadliest insurgency. (2020). Cultural Studies, 34 (3), 363-391.
- Ferns, G., Lambert, A. and Gunther, M. 2021. The analogical construction of stigma as a moral dualism: the case of the fossil fuel divestment movement. Academy of Management Journal DOI: 10.5465/amj.2018.0615
- Ferns, G. and Amaeshi, K. 2019. Struggles at the summits: discourse coalitions, field boundaries, and the shifting role of business in sustainable development. Business and Society, 58(8), pp. 1533-1571. DOI: 10.1177/0007650317701884
- Muthuri, J. N.; Jain, A.; Ndegwa, A.; Mwagandi, S. M.; Tagoe, N. D. (2021), The Impact of Covid-19 on Gold and Gemstone Artisanal and Small-Scale Mining in Sub-Saharan Africa: The Case of Ghana and Kenya, Africa Journal of Management.
- Hamann, R.; Muthuri, J.N.; Nwagwu, I.; Pariag-Maraye, N.; Chamberlin, W.; Ghai, S.; Amaeshi, K.; and Ogbechi, C. (2020), Covid-19 in Africa: Contextualising Impacts, Responses, and Prospects, Environment: Science and Policy for Sustainable Development, Vol.62(6), 8-18.
- Peprah, A., Giachetti, C., Larsen, M. and Rajwani, T. (Forthcoming) How Business Models Evolve in Weak Institutional Environments: The case of Jumia, the Amazon.com of Africa, Organization Science.
- Lawton, T., Dorobantu, S., Rajwani, T. and Sun, P. (2020) The Times They are A-Changing': The implications of Covid-19 for non-market strategy research, Journal of Management Studies, 57 (8), pp. 1732-1736.
- Muzanenhamo, P., and Chowdhury, R. (2021). Epistemic injustice and hegemonic ordeal in management and organization studies: Advancing Black scholarship. Human Relations, 00187267211014802.
- Liu, Ling, Henley, John & Mousavi, Mohammad Mahdi, 2021. Foreign interfirm networks and internationalization: Evidence from sub-Saharan Africa, Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 27(1).
- Tsanis, K., and Stouraitis, V. (2021). Developing the first digital bank of Africa: the steps towards the creation of a digital bank in a very challenging environment. In Innovation Management and Growth in Emerging Economies (pp. 192-205). IGI Global.
- Stouraitis, V., Thomson, J., Tsanis, K., Kyritsis, M., and Harris, M. H. M. (2020). The effect of autonomy in sustaining social entrepreneurial intention through management education: the cases of Malaysia and Scotland.
- Cornelissen, J. P., Akemu, O., Jonkman, J. G., and Werner, M. D. (2020). Building character: The formation of a hybrid organizational identity in a social enterprise. Journal of Management Studies. Read online.
- Gambino, E. (2020). La participation chinoise dans le développement des infrastructures de transport au Kenya: une transformation des géométries du pouvoir? [Chinese participation in Kenyan transport infrastructure: reshaping power-geometries?]. Critique internationale, 89(4), 95-114. https://doi.org/10.3917/crii.089.0098
- Gambino, E. (forthcoming). Chinese interests in the development of African transport corridors: building the Belt and Road Initiative through market expansion?, in Nugent, P. and Lamarque, H. (eds.) Transport Corridors in Africa. Melton: James Currey